Heritage sliding sash window
Sympathetic in style yet innovative in design, the REHAU Heritage Vertical Slider presents a whole world of new opportunity in both the replacement and new build markets. The REHAU Heritage window system has been developed following extensive consultation with conservation bodies and housing associations. The system offers a wide range of features and benefits.
Heritage windows include the traditional detailing found in period timber box sash windows. With this in mind, we have included a deep bottom rail, Georgian bars, run through sash horns and foil laminate options to mimic the look of painted wood.
Steel-reinforced sliding latches allow the sashes to be tilted inwards to enable the window to be cleaned from the inside of the property, yet the facility is concealed for aesthetic and safety reasons.
The latches can be locked off to prevent unauthorised tilting of the sash.
Standard balances of 14mm or 19mm diameter may be used, and it is also possible to fix all hardware into a specially designed steel or aluminium section for increased security performance.
We plan, you relax.
A done for you service & full warranty.
120+ projects completed
Free Consultation included
Certified Staff & Products
Heritage window features & options
- Traditional design details and sight-lines of a timber box sash window, with all the benefits of uPVC, make this system the ideal replacement sash window. Traditional timber aesthetics can be replicated by combining sight-lines of the 42mm, 52mm or 62mm heritage sashes, with the deep 81mm heritage bottom rail. The 10mm incrementally stepped sash profiles allow for equal glazing sight-lines to run from top to bottom sash, creating an aesthetically pleasing finished product.
- Patented design details provide superb styling and easy installation.
- Triple-chambered profiles ensure good thermal insulation - achieves an 'A' Window Energy Rating (WER) using standard components and without the need for thermal inserts.
- Kitemark accredited extruded profiles produced in accordance with BS EN12608:2003including a SEVERE rating for Classification of climatic zones.
- The system is approved BS7950:1997 (2007) security standards.
- Sound insulation is dependent on glazing specification. For more information please consult one of our Commercial Sales Managers. All profiles are accredited and extruded to the CEN A classification.
- Document L compliant.
- Choosing between either a run-through heritage style horn or a clip-on version, you are able to replicate traditional timber aesthetics. These options maintain the integrity of building architecture.
- The exterior of sash has putty-line aesthetics with matching astragal bar and inside is sculptured with matching astragal bar.
- A stepped frame with either mechanically jointed sill or fully welded options..
- Triple brush seals for superior draught proofing.
- Anti-jemmy Security Bar for optimum security.
- Sizes up to 1800 X 3500mm.
- The REHAU Heritage system has been stylishly designed to replicate the slim sight-lines and traditional styling details of timber sash windows found throughout the UK and Ireland.
- The REHAU Heritage Deep Bottom Rail replicates the traditional timber joining detail, whilst the Sculptured Glazing Beads and Georgian Bars on the inside of the window add that extra touch of authentic styling.
- Whilst the products main focus is authenticity, the system is also capable of producing a modern more contemporary styled product with plainer and simpler design details.
- Dummy mullion option for keeping slim sight-lines when joining multiple windows.
- An all-white finish for the traditional appearance is possible using REHAU high-performance silicone and EPDM seals.
- A Georgian style shaped glazing bar available both internally and externally.
- 24mm and 28mm glazing.
- Galvanised steel reinforcement is required above the following parameters:
- Where frames cannot be adequately anchored to the masonry
- Sashes must always be reinforced
- Available in classic PVC White, Rosewood, Golden Oak and Mahogany woodgrain as standard.
- There is also a choice of 19 special woodgrain and colour laminate options available to order including Anthracite Grey, Cream, Schwarzbraun (black/brown) and the increasingly popular White Ash.
- Further colour options are available from our unique REHAU Acryl II colouring system offering you a choice of 150 different RAL colours.
- Like coloured gaskets and ancillaries as standard to complement the laminate range.
- The REHAU Heritage vertically sliding system can accommodate a wide variety of standard fittings.
- Sliding latches enable the sashes to be tilted inwards, for ease of cleaning, and to be restricted for safety.